When we look in the mirror, we expect to see pearly white teeth when we smile. We take a lot of time to keep our teeth strong, healthy, and white. Our teeth are important, after all, and we want to ensure they’re in good condition at all times. However, there are many things standing in the way of healthy teeth that can also cause discoloration.
Discolored teeth affect our confidence and desire to smile. When you lack confidence due to discolored teeth, it is hard to concentrate on much else. Exactly what causes tooth discoloration?
· Food & Drinks: Food and drinks are the two most common causes of tooth discoloration. Sugar, soda, and other sweet foods and drinks not only cause a risk for cavities but also discolor the teeth.
· Medications: Some medication may cause tooth discoloration. If this problem occurs shortly after starting a new medication, talk to your doctor.
· Bad Oral Care: Brushing the teeth twice per day keeps bad breath, germs, and other oral health problems away. If you fail to take proper care of your teeth, expect discoloration.
· Tobacco: Smoking tobacco is bad for your health and teeth. Often, people who smoke develop smoker’s teeth, which causing yellowing or browning of the teeth.
· Age: As we age, the teeth wear down and become fragile. As such, enamel grows thin and discolorations may result.
How to Keep Teeth Beautiful
Dental cleanings provided by the general dentist occur at each exam. The cleaning removes dirt, plaque, and other debris stuck to the teeth. It is safe for kids and for adults. When traditional cleaning fails to provide the anticipated results, a patient may opt for teeth whitening from the cosmetic dentistry lynnwood professional. Teeth whitening is a bleaching service that removes many more problematic spots from the teeth.